Table of Content
- Accessing the Knowledge Center Page
- Viewing the Knowledge Center Page
- How to take a Knowledge Center course
- How to navigate the video player
- - - - - - - -
The Knowledge Center module holds a library of courses, organized by subject. This is where you can also access My Transcript.
Knowledge Center courses are in video or pdf format. Both formats will be covered in this overview.
Each course includes a knowledge assessment quiz comprised of 3-10 Multiple Choice and/or True/False questions.
Currently, all Custodial and Service Excellence courses are also available in Spanish for employees who have selected Spanish as their preferred language on Insite.
Think of the Knowledge Center as an open library – courses are available to and viewable by all Insite users.
Accessing the Knowledge Center Page
From any Insite page, select the Knowledge Center module from the Main Navigation bar. The Knowledge Center page will open enabling you to access all Insite courses and My Transcript.
Viewing the Knowledge Center Page
The Knowledge Center page provides a view of available subjects with the number of courses included in each. The blue My Transcript button at the top right of the page enables a user to access his or her transcript to view the history of courses completed and the status of Assigned Courses and Self-Initiated Courses.
Figure 1. Knowledge Center page
How to take a Knowledge Center course
1. Select a Subject to open the Course page (see Figure 2).
2. Scroll through the page to browse the courses, or enter a course title in the Search field at the top right to search for a particular course.
Figure 2. Knowledge Center: Custodial Courses
3. Click the course you want to take. A pop-up with a brief description displays.
4. Click . The Take Course page opens with the training available in the video player (see Figure 3).
Note: Instructions on how to navigate the video player can be found at the end of this section.
Figure 3. Take Course: Break Area Cleaning
5. Click the Play button to start the training.
6. After training is completed, click below the video. A confirmation pop-up displays.
7. Click Okay.
8. For each question, select your answer, and then click . If you have answered correctly, a Correct! message displays. If you have answered incorrectly, a pop-up displays giving you the options to to get the correct answer, or go if you’d like to review the video.
9. When you have completed the last question, click . A congratulatory message and course rating pop-up displays (see Figure 4).
Figure 4. Quiz Completion pop-up
10. Click a star to rate the course from 1 to 5 stars (where 1 is Poor and 5 is Excellent).
Note: You must rate the course to receive credit for completion.
11. Click . At the right of the video player, the course status will show as Completed (see Figure 5).
Figure 5. Completed Course status
When you click to launch a course delivered as a pdf, a message displays:
This training is in format.
Click here to open file.
- Click to open the file.
- Scroll through the document to read the pages of the course
- When you have completed the course, follow the instructions in Steps 7-11 to complete the quiz.
How to navigate the video player
Figure 6. Video player navigation tools
- Click the Play button to start and resume the video.
- Click the Pause button to pause the video.
- Click and drag the Volume Control to increase or decrease audio volume.
- Click the Full Screen arrows to view the video in Full Screen mode. (To exit Full Screen mode, press the Esc key on your keyboard.)
- The TAKE QUIZ button is not active until you have completed the course.