Table of Content
- Accessing Transcripts
- How to view Transcripts
- New Hire Training
- Insite Training 1:1 or Group Setting
- Insite Training on Hand-Held Devices
- Training Compliance
- How to manage course Acknowledgement and due dates
- Self-Initiated Courses
- Viewing Self-Initiated Courses
- - - - - - - -
A Transcript is a complete record of courses that were assigned to an Associate or Self-Initiated by an Associate. Assigned courses show their due dates, and both types show completion status.
1. From any Insite page, click the Personnel module from the Main Navigation bar.
2. Select either the Team Stats or SEP Scorecard feature from the sub-menu.
- Both features enable access to the list of Associate scorecards.
- On either page, the Associate scorecards are arranged in alphabetical order, by first name.
Note: A specific Site must be selected from the Site Picker in order to access SEP Scorecard functions. If a specific Site has not been selected, a pop-up will display prompting you to do so.
3. On either page, Click the icon to view information About This Feature.
How to view Transcripts
1. Scroll through the list to find the Associate scorecard you wish to view, or use SEARCH at the top right of the page to find an Associate by Name or Position.
2. Click the Compliance percentage bar in the TRAINING column at the far right of the scorecard (see Figure 1).
Figure 1. Compliance percentage bar
3. The My Profile page will open enabling Managers to access Associate Transcripts
(see Figure 2).
Figure 2. Associate Transcript
a. Above the Assigned Courses list, you can see the Course totals:
- ASSIGNED – The total number of courses assigned to the Associate.
- COMPLETED – The total number of courses that the Associate has completed.
- COMPLIANCE – The percentage of assigned courses that the Associate has completed. Note: Only Past Due courses are considered non-compliant and impact the Compliance percentage negatively.
b. The VIEW BY filter enables you to filter the Course list to show only Assigned Courses or only Self-Initiated Courses or both (All).
c. The Assigned Courses list shows each Course Title, Due Date, and Completion Date.
d. The Due Date/Past Due filter enables you to show all courses with the most Recent Due Dates at the top of the list or show only Past Due courses.
e. The Completed/Incomplete filter enables you to show Completed courses or courses that are Past Due/In Progress.
f. The Management (Ellipsis) icon to the far right of each assigned course enables you to –
- Acknowledge – Approve that a course has been completed.
- Unacknowledge – Remove course completion.
- Change Due Date – Change the due date for the course.
New Hire Training
When hired, Associates are automatically assigned a core training curriculum based on their position.
The following course types should be completed as soon as possible after the hire date:
- Human Resources
- Safety (EHS)
After these priority courses are completed, Managers may guide the completion of required courses at their discretion.
Note: Most of the assigned Associate courses must be taken 30 days from the date courses were assigned and annually after their completion as Refresher training.
Insite Training as a 1:1 or Group Setting
If your site practices group training sessions (either 1:1 or group settings), you must conduct a course by entering into the Knowledge Center, watching the video as a group, and completing the quiz as group.
To understand which Associates need to take which courses, you must enter into each Associate’s Transcript, note the courses each Associate needs to take, and conduct group trainings accordingly.
After completing a group training, you must access each Associate’s Transcript and Acknowledge the course(s) completed during the group training.
At this time, it is not possible to Acknowledge courses for multiple Associates at once. Also, since you cannot select an alternative date when you Acknowledge a course, the best practice is to perform this step the same day that the group training occurred.
Insite Training on Hand-Held Devices
When Insite is implemented on Associate hand-held devices, an Associate may complete Assigned courses as time allows during their work shift.
Managers should ensure that Associates understand how to use Insite to check their Transcripts regularly and complete assigned courses by their due dates to maintain compliance. It is the Manager’s responsibility to give the Associate an allotted appropriate time during the workday to take courses. It is also a Manager’s responsibility to monitor Associate compliance percentage across their respective site to ensure Associates are meeting goal.
The Training Compliance goal is met when an Associate has completed 80% or more of all Assigned courses by their due dates (see Table 1).
Table 1. Associate Training Compliance percentage guide
Management teams can access Associate Transcripts through the TEAM STATS or SEP scorecards in the Personnel module, by selecting the percentage bar of the desired Associate (Team Stats), or by selecting the percentage (SEP).
How to manage course Acknowledgements and due dates
1. Open the Associate's Transcript.
2. Click the Management (Ellipsis) icon at the far right of the course line.
- Select Acknowledge to approve course completion.
- Select Unacknowledge to remove course completion.
- Select Change Due Date, and click the Calendar date for the revised due date.
The Knowledge Center allows users to take Self-Initiated courses for self-improvement or career advancement.
Note: Self-Initiated courses cannot be courses that have been assigned.
Managers should establish an allotted amount of time that Associates may use for elective, Self-Initiated courses. Associates should be fully trained and meeting compliance goal with Assigned courses prior to taking Self-Initiated courses.
Viewing Self-Initiated Courses
Self-Initiated courses are listed separately from Assigned courses in the Transcript. Scroll down to the end of the Assigned course list to view this section.