EFFECTIVE DATE: [INSERT]
By downloading or using the Application, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of the Application, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy. Separate policies may apply to use of the Platform itself.
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Application.
Information We Collect Directly From You. Certain areas and features of our Application require registration. To register to use the Application, you must provide your name, cell phone and work email address. In addition, in connection with your use of the Application, you will be asked to input certain additional information relating to work you have performed for SBM and its customers.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect the following information about your use of the Application: mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the Application; and the length of time that you are logged into the Application. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information.
Geo Location. In order to use the Application, you must provide permission through your mobile device to allow us to collect location information. SBM may obtain your physical location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. The Application may use the geo-location features of the Application (GPS or network-based) and geo-location information that is collected through the Application for purposes of monitoring use of the Application, the Platform and the work you are performing. If you withdraw your permission for SBM to acquire physical location information from your mobile device through your mobile device settings, you may not be able to access the Platform or use the Application.
Passwords/User IDs. You will be assigned a password and user ID to use the Application to access the Platform. Such password and user ID shall be owned by SBM and shall be maintained by you as confidential. You shall not share your password or user ID with any other person.
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide the Application to you, to communicate with you about your use of the Application, to respond to your inquiries, and for other business purposes.
- To monitor, manage and evaluate the work and services that you and others perform for SBM and its customers.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Application.
- To better understand how users access and use our Application, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve Application and respond to our users’ and customers’ desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- SBM Users. Your user name and any information that you post to the Platform through the Application, including, without limitation, reports, photos, videos, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, other users of the Platform.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- SBM Customers. We may disclose information we collect from users, including work-related information that is inputted by you through the Application, with SBM’s customers.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Policy or any other SBM policies, or as evidence in litigation in which SBM is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Please note that we do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
You will have the ability to post content through the Application, including text, data, comments, pictures, and any other information that you are required to provide in connection with your job responsibilities. If you post content using the Application, all of the information that you post may be available to other users of the Application and Platform, including SBM’s customers if the information relates to services provided to such customers.
The Application may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
You may modify personal information that you have submitted in connection the Application by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Platform or Application for a period of time.
Personal information collected through the Application is stored in servers located in the United States. You consent to the transfer and storage of such information to the United States, which might offer less protection than the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside.
The Application is not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Application or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at Insite Helpdesk at 916.565.6030.